HELLO AUGUST 2019
Woohoo!!! 3 whole weeks off to be with my children & family. Quality time and I just cannot wait.
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
- Going to watch a recording of Loose Women live at the ITV studios in London & Jason Donovan, my teenage crush, was the guest!
- Isabelle doing a weeks summer school at Laine Theatre Arts in Surrey, my old college, and watching her in the show on the last day
- A fabulous girly day with Isabelle having a makeup lesson, tea at Harvey’s Huddersfield & a cinema trip to watch ‘Yesterday’ ‘Me and my Belle’ 💗
- Max enjoying a fab few days away on an activity trip with school with his mates
- Isabelle having a fabulous school trip to Wimbledon & Chessington World of Adventures. Lucky girl!
- Watching Britains Got Talent live at Wembley Stadium
- Both kids getting fabulous school reports
- Max’s fantastic SATS results
- A delicious meal at Eric’s restaurant in Lindley Huddersfield
- Watching the new version of ‘The Lion King’ at the cinema. Wow!
- Going to ‘Friendsfest’
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
Eric’s Restaurant, Lindley, Huddersfield
Saturday was my mums birthday so the family all went to the fabulous Eric’s restaurant for a birthday meal. We’re very lucky in Huddersfield that, although the town centre is certainly not what it was, our surrounding villages have some beautiful restaurants, hotels and wine bars. Lindley is a large village a couple of miles from the town centre and boasts some fabulous restaurants, shops and wine bars. Chef Eric Paxman first opened his wonderful Eric’s restaurant closely followed by his gourmet burger restaurant Pax.
Eric’s Restaurant is an award winning, fine dining eatery with delicious seasonal menus where the ingredients are sourced locally wherever possible. Art by Yorkshire artists is galleried in the restaurant adding to the r stay rants ambiance.
Eric’s passion for food is evident in the outstanding menu and you really are spoilt for choice. I went for the rump of lamp which I can honestly say is some of the best lamp I’ve ever eaten. My mum went for the duck, my dad the belly pork and Tony the calves liver and we all agreed the dishes were exceptional. With a wonderful wine bar downstairs, a beautiful dining area, excellent staff and exceptional food, Eric’s restaurant really is the place to visit.
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
My new Cross Trainer
When I’m going through really busy work periods I struggle to fit in keeping fit and I needed something that I could easily fit into my daily schedule. I used to run and a morning run outdoors was ideal as it saved much more time than going to the gym. However I’ve really been struggling with pain in my ankles along with plantar fasciitis recently and after my last run I’ve been in agony for weeks.
I looked into various cardio workouts and the cross trainer kept coming up as the one with less impact on bones and joints so we took the plunge and bought one for our home. In short, I love it! I get on for half an hour every morning straight after the school run (followed by a short yoga workout on YouTube) which is perfect as I’m then done for the day. I can watch TV whilst I work out, it hasn’t affected my feet and ankles at all and it fits in perfectly with my lifestyle no matter how busy I am. I’m increasing the resistance week by week and all in all its been a great addition to my morning routine.
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. tequila
1/4 c. lime juice
Lime wedge, for rimming glasses
Coarse salt, for rimming glasses
1 bottle champagne or prosecco
Orange and lime slices for serving
- In a pitcher, combine orange juice, tequila, and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Rim glass rims with lime and dip in salt. Pour in orange juice mixture and top off with champagne.
- Add sliced oranges and limes to glasses and serve.
FILM OF THE MONTH
Toy Story 4
I couldn’t not watch the last instalment of these amazing films so I took my 11 year old Max, who has of course seen all the other 3, to see Toy Story 4 as soon as it came out.
Watching these films gives you a warm, comforting and homely feel to it and this was no different. Seeing the characters we’ve all loved for years once again on the big screen was just wonderful! Was it as good as the other 3? In my opinion no, but did we enjoy it? Absolutely, what’s not to love?
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
Being off work & spending complete quality time with my family!
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
I’m loving everything this month as its just pure, quality family time!
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
- New York New York baby! My favourite city in the world!
- Elemis sharp shower gel
- I absolutely hate to say it but I’ve been quite enjoying ‘Love Island’!!
- Celebrity Masterchef is coming back!!!
- My new cross trainer
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH
“The more you travel in life, the more life you have to remember”