Summer 2019! New York, Beaches, Kite flying, Anniversary, Times Square, Swimming, Cinema, Restaurants, Fish & Chips, Friends, London, Loose Women Live, Britain’s Got Talent Live, Wembley Stadium, West End Shows, Broadway Shows, Laine Theatre Arts Summer School, Friends Fest, Bridlington, Trampolining, Laughing, JFK, Baking, New Nails, Cocktails, Statue of Liberty, Sand Castles, Dancing, Empire State Building, Central Park, Broadway, Grand Central Station, Dog Walks, Family Time, 9/11 Memorial, Manhattan, Theme Parks, Rides, Pink G&T’s, Flamingo Land, Family Love, Dance Workshops, Rockerfeller Centre, The High Line, Bike Rides, Cocktails, Blogging, Tiffany’s, The Plaza, Yellow Cabs, New York Subway, Brooklyn Bridge, Hotels, Pancakes, Ice Cream, Movie Nights, Pizza, BBQ’s, Sunshine, Hard Rock Cafe, Frozen the Musical, Rooftop Bars, Harvey’s, Shopping, Designer Handbags, Long Lunches, Happiness!!
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
- An amazing trip to NYC
- Going to Friends Fest with Isabelle
- A fabulous meal at Tattu in Leeds with Tony for out anniversary
- A Family break in Bridlington
- Fabulous days out with friends
- 3 blissful weeks off work and quality family time
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
Our amazing trip to The Big Apple, NYC
I’ve reviewed our vacation in full on my last blog post all about our amazing amazing trip to NYC.
It was the trip of a lifetime taking our children to our favourite city in the world and having this blissful family time is priceless.
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
Retail Therapy in New York
Along with seeing the sights of NYC, Isabelle & I were also looking forward to a bit of retail therapy in the Manhattan.
Our first stop was the fabulous Macey’s, the largest retail store in the world.
Both Isabelle and I went straight to the handbags and there was an amazing sale on all the DKNY handbags. I purchases a stunning red tote bag for $120 reduced from $299! Isabelle found a lovely grey DKNY handbag for $70 reduced from $200. Amazing savings.
Isabelle was keen to go to the 5 story Victoria Secret store on 5th Avenue. It’s huge with a full studio, catwalk and makeup area on the top floor. Isabelle found 2 gorgeous sports bras that we’ve not seen in the UK stores with everything considerably cheaper than the UK.
Tiffany & Co is a place you must visit if you’re in New York for the glamour and beauty of its stunning jewellery and homeware. With pieces of jewellery on sale for $40,000 on the ground floor we made our way up to the higher floors for more affordable pieces!!! I didn’t end up buying anything on the day as we were a bit rushed but I’ve seen a couple of lovely items I might buy on line.
Walking down 5th Avenue is an amazing experience if you like to see all the designer stores such as Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton to name just a few.
We had to pop into Pandora as I like to get a new charm of each place I’ve been to and Tony bought me a lovely NYC charm for my bracelet.
Isabelle and Max wanted a few souvenirs and they both also got a print each for their rooms.
Being a lover of high end makeup & beauty products, Isabelle spent some time in Sephora which has all the top brands under one roof and is a beauty junkies dream.
Manhattan really does have it all when it comes to shopping, my only regret is that I didn’t get chance to pop into Bloomingdales.
On our last day I quickly popped back into Macey’s and made another cheeky purchase, a stunning Michael Kors bag which I’m in love with!!!
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
Cosmopolitan – My nod to the fabulous Carrie Bradshaw
- A shaker or stirring glass
- A bar spoon (or teaspoon)
- A strainer
- A match
- Martini glass
- 1 ½ parts Grey Goose L’orange vodka
- ½ part Cointreau liqueur
- 1 parts cranberry juice
- ¼ part fresh lime juice
- Cubed ice
- To garnish: orange zest
How to mix
- Chill your cocktail glass (the easiest way is to fill it with ice)
- Put plenty of ice and all of the ingredients into your shaker or stirring glass and shake or stir vigorously for about 20 seconds
- Strain the mix into a cocktail glass
- Cut a piece of orange peel about the size of your thumb (be careful not to bend it). Hold the piece of orange peel between finger and thumb over the glass, and use a match to gently warm it for about 20 seconds
- Then bend the peel so it releases oil onto the lighted match, igniting a flame that will settle on the surface of the drink
FILM OF THE MONTH
I absolutely loved this clever lighthearted film. If you like The Beatles music you’ll enjoy this film about Jack, a struggling singer/songwriter who’s dreams are rapidly fading. After a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout Jack wakes up to discover that The Beatles never existed. Performing their songs to a world that has never heard of them Jack becomes an overnight sensation.
Funny, lighthearted and heart warming, this film will put you in a great mood and you’ll come away humming all the amazing songs by the most famous band in history.
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
Enjoying a bit of sunshine at the end of Summer!
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
That my Summer break is over, I’m back at work and the kids are back at school 😞
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
- XOXO Gossip Girl – A bit late to the party but Isabelle and I started watching it just before we went to New York & got hooked!
- Sephora – All the latest beauty brands under one roof. We were lucky to have one right next to our hotel in Times Square
- My new Michael Kors satchel bag & DKNY handbag!
- Mark Jacobs Daisy Love perfume – kindly bough for me by my lovely mum
- My New York Pandora charm
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH